Bud Light Bowl Projections Roundup: Week 10
TCU’s thrilling last minute win highlighted another great week of college football in the Big 12 & SEC. Here’s a look at where we stand across the bowl projection world after week 10:
- Jason Kirk – SBNation: Kansas State vs. Missouri
- Stewart Mandel – Fox Sports: Oklahoma State vs. Texas A&M
- ESPN.com Big 12/SEC Bloggers : West Virginia vs. Texas A&M
- Brett McMurphy – ESPN: West Virginia vs. Texas A&M
- Mark Schlabach – ESPN: West Virginia vs. Texas A&M
- Jerry Palm – CBSSports.com: Kansas State vs. Florida
- Phil Steele – PhilSteele.com: Kansas State vs. Tennessee
- Bill Bender – Sporting News: Oklahoma vs.Texas A&M
- AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl Staff: Kansas State vs. Texas A&M
Click HERE for a handy reminder of our new Big 12/SEC ins
Have a presale code? Buy your tickets NOW!
Where we stand: TCU’s last minute win over West Virginia in Morgantown set the Frogs up to take control over the Big 12, starting this week as they host current conference leader Kansas State. The Wildcats are undefeated in the Big 12 but face a difficult gauntlet over the next four games, traveling to TCU, West Virginia and Baylor. The Bears blew out Kansas to set up the other showdown in the Big 12 this weekend against popular bowl pick Oklahoma.
In the SEC, Texas A&M secured bowl eligibility for the 6th season in a row with a win over Louisiana Monroe. A virtual College Football Playoff elimination game between Ole Miss and Auburn was just as exciting as expected, with the Tigers pulling out a late win after a fumble (and unfortunate injury) by the Rebels on the goal line. Florida also took down a Georgia despite only completing three passes and now may have a potential track to a surprise SEC East title.
Much will be decided this weekend in the Big 12, as the winners of the Kansas State/TCU and Oklahoma/Baylor matchups are likely out of contention for the Big 12’s spot. Since Kansas State still has the most difficult remaining schedule, our predictions have the Wildcats making the trip down to Houston to join Texas A&M, who remains the most popular pick from the SEC.
- #13 Baylor @ #18 Oklahoma: 11:00 AM CST, Fox Sports 1
- #9 Kansas State @ #7 TCU: 6:30 PM CST, FOX
- #6 Alabama @ #19 LSU: 7:00 PM CST CBS
CLICK HERE to guess the winners in our weekly Bud Light Pick ‘Em contest and win a VIP AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl Experience!
College Gameday Sign of the Week: Has anyone seen Doug?
Tweet of the Week: AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl buddy @BWWCitrusBowl with great news for a lucky fan
We've got some great news! RT @Varis626: I'm not watching another capital one bowl
— BWW Citrus Bowl (@BWWCitrusBowl) November 1, 2014
Best Use of the Democratic Process:
— Andy Staples (@Andy_Staples) November 4, 2014