Bud Light Bowl Projections Roundup: Week 14
We’re less than a week from Announcement Day! Here’s a look at where we stand in the bowl projection world after Rivalry Weekend
Don’t miss your chance to guess the 2014 AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl teams with our Billiard Factory Bowl Forecast! ENTER NOW
- Jerry Palm – CBSSports.com: Texas vs. LSU
- Jason Kirk – SBNation: Texas vs. Texas A&M
- Zac Ellis – Sports Illustrated: Texas vs. Auburn
- Stewart Mandel – Fox Sports: Texas vs. Arkansas
- ESPN.com Big 12/SEC Bloggers : Texas vs. Texas A&M
- Brett McMurphy – ESPN: Texas vs. Texas A&M
- Mark Schlabach – ESPN: Texas vs. LSU
- Phil Steele – PhilSteele.com: Texas vs. Texas A&M
- Bill Bender – Sporting News: West Virginia vs. LSU
- AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl Staff Guess: Texas vs. LSU
Click HERE for a handy reminder of our new Big 12/SEC ins
Tickets are on sale now and are going fast! BUY NOW
Where we stand: LSU and Texas A&M staged a classic in a growing rivalry on Thursday night in College Station, with the Tigers eventually holding on at the end to pull to 8-4 on the season. Alabama and Auburn traded blows in yet another entertaining Iron Bowl in Tuscaloosa before the Tide pulled away late to keep their spot atop the CFP rankings.
In the Big 12, potential conference champion TCU shut down the Texas Longhorns on Thanksgiving night while Baylor held off Texas Tech late at AT&T Stadium in Dallas. The Bears’ win set up a big showdown against Kansas State this weekend in Waco with College Gameday in tow. A win by the Bears will guarantee at least a share of the Big 12 championship and a potential College Football Playoff berth.
The Texas Longhorns seem to be moving into the most popular spot in the media’s Big 12 projections, with West Virginia still dotting a few spots on the list. In the SEC, some are still predicting a reunion between the Aggies and Longhorns, however our current guess is leaning towards the LSU Tigers making a return trip to Houston, with Arkansas also remaining a strong possibility.
- Oklahoma State @ #20 Oklahoma: 2:30 PM CST FS1
- #1 Alabama vs. #17 Missouri: 3:00 PM CST, CBS
- #12 Kansas State @ #7 Baylor: 6:45 PM CST, ESPN
CLICK HERE to guess the winners in our weekly Bud Light Pick ‘Em contest and win a VIP AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl Experience!
College Gameday Sign of the Week: Akron Zips Golf? Akron Zips Golf.
— Lance Ringler (@GolfweekRingler) November 29, 2014
Most Quotable Press Conference: Art Briles remains a master wordsmith
Briles: "I'll fight a man with three children and a nice house any day over a man that's living out of a car."
— David Ubben (@davidubben) November 30, 2014
Most Appropriate Reaction: At least he has his priorities straight