Bud Light Bowl Projections Roundup: Week 7
The big matchups in the SEC & Big 12 continued into week 7 with a pair of top 15 showdowns in the SEC and a top 10 clash in the Big 12. A look at where we stand now:
- ESPN.com Big 12/SEC Bloggers : West Virginia vs. Kentucky
- Brett McMurphy – ESPN: Kansas State vs. Kentucky
- Mark Schlabach – ESPN: Oklahoma State vs. Texas A&M
- Jerry Palm – CBSSports.com: Oklahoma State vs. LSU
- Jason Kirk – SBNation: Oklahoma State vs. Texas A&M
- Phil Steele – PhilSteele.com: Oklahoma State vs. Kentucky
- Mike Hugeunin – NFL.com CFB: Oklahoma State vs. Texas A&M
- AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl Staff: Kansas State vs. Texas A&M
Click HERE for a handy reminder of our new Big 12/SEC ins
Where we stand: We’re past the halfway point in this year’s crazy college football season, and games are only getting bigger. Baylor & TCU played perhaps the most exciting game of the year in the Big 12, as the Bears rallied from 21 points down in the 4th quarter to top TCU at home. The Bears are now in the driver’s seat for the Big 12 title but still have dangerous games on the road at West Virginia and Oklahoma and finishes the season with Kansas State. Popular pick Oklahoma State held off Kansas and has a big trip to TCU this weekend, while West Virginia also appears and has a big opportunity for a home upset against Baylor this weekend.
The SEC hosted a pair of big time matchups with Texas A&M falling to Ole Miss at home and Mississippi State and Auburn trading blows before the Bulldogs pulled away late. Alabama hung on late against Arkansas, LSU held off Florida and Kentucky continued to move towards the six win threshold with a win over Louisiana Monroe. The Wildcats have been a pleasant surprise in the SEC, however with the new tie-in structure it’s much more likely they’ll head somewhere closer to Lexington.
Our current projections have inaugural Texas Bowl participant Kansas State returning to Houston to face off against Texas A&M in a rematch of one of the most famous games in A&M history, the 1998 Big 12 Championship won by Sirr Parker in overtime.
- #4 Baylor @ West Virginia: 11:00 AM CST, Fox Sports 1
- #21 Texas A&M @ Alabama: 2:30 PM CST, CBS
- #15 Oklahoma State @ #12 TCU: 3:00 PM CST, ABC
- #10 Georgia @ Arkansas: 8:00 PM CST, ESPN
CLICK HERE to guess the winners in our weekly Bud Light Pick ‘Em contest and win a VIP AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl Experience!
College Gameday Sign of the Week:
— Michael (@stilltheman2010) October 11, 2014
Most Admirable Rivalry Commitment:
We will not be closed for Columbus Day today because Columbus is in Ohio.
— Bank of Ann Arbor (@bankofannarbor) October 13, 2014
The Bill Belichick of College Football Award:
Pinkel on why he didn't pull Maty Mauk: "Because I didn't want to."
— Gabe DeArmond (@GabeDeArmond) October 11, 2014