Bud Light Bowl Projections Roundup: Week 9
The first College Football Playoff rankings have been released and the SEC amazingly took 3 of the top 4 spots. Here’s a look at what the experts think after week 9:
- Jason Kirk – SBNation: Kansas State vs. Texas A&M
- ESPN.com Big 12/SEC Bloggers : Oklahoma vs. At Large
- Brett McMurphy – ESPN: Oklahoma vs. Texas A&M
- Mark Schlabach – ESPN: West Virginia vs. Texas A&M
- Jerry Palm – CBSSports.com: Kansas State vs. Oregon State (SEC Replacement)
- Phil Steele – PhilSteele.com: Oklahoma vs. Kentucky
- Bill Bender – Sporting News: Oklahoma vs. South Carolina
- Mike Hugeunin – NFL.com CFB: Baylor vs. Texas A&M
- AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl Staff: Baylor vs. Texas A&M
Click HERE for a handy reminder of our new Big 12/SEC ins
Where we stand: LSU’s thrilling upset of Ole Miss on Saturday night didn’t harm the Rebels too much, as they still control their own destiny and can remain in the playoff by winning out, starting with this weekend’s virtual elimination game against 3rd ranked Auburn. Popular pick Texas A&M was off last weekend but will look to gain bowl eligibility with a win over Louisiana Monroe while donning some sharp throwback 1939 uniforms.
In the Big 12, a huge win by TCU over Texas Tech set up a showdown in Morgantown this weekend against West Virginia with College Gameday in tow. The winner will likely still trail Kansas State, who defeated Texas and remains undefeated in the conference but still must travel to West Virginia, Baylor, and TCU. The Bears were off last weekend and face last place Kansas this week before a big game against Oklahoma on November 8th.
Nine weeks in and Texas A&M seems to be locked in the SEC slot, and we’re not worried about the SEC not sending a team given the new tie-in procedures (no longer based strictly in order or of selection), which some haven’t quite figured out yet. In the Big 12, the new rankings and the conference’s round robin schedule likely mean they won’t have more than two teams in the CFP playoff, which would put us selecting either 4th or 5th, leaving the Bears as our current and ever-changing guess.
- #18 Oklahoma @ Iowa State: 11:00 AM CST, Fox Sports 1
- #7 TCU @ #20 West Virginia: 2:30 PM CST, ABC
- #3 Auburn @ #4 Ole Miss: 6:00 PM CST, ESPN
CLICK HERE to guess the winners in our weekly Bud Light Pick ‘Em contest and win a VIP AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl Experience!
College Gameday Sign of the Week:
Saddest Mascot Award: Testudo the Terrapin had a rough day at Maryland’s game on Saturday. No word if he was also told there would be corndogs.
Let’s check in and see how the day has gone for Maryland: pic.twitter.com/viauY2baYL
— Ryan Stites (@Brocktoon23) October 25, 2014