Bud Light Bowl Projections: Week 12
A number of huge games highlighted the weekend as we finish out the meat of conference play. Here’s a look at where we stand in the bowl projection world after week 12:
- Jason Kirk – SBNation: Texas vs. Texas A&M
- Stewart Mandel – Fox Sports: West Virginia vs. Texas A&M
- ESPN.com Big 12/SEC Bloggers : Texas vs. Texas A&M
- Brett McMurphy – ESPN: West Virginia vs. Texas A&M
- Mark Schlabach – ESPN: Texas vs. Texas A&M
- Jerry Palm – CBSSports.com: West Virginia vs. LSU
- Phil Steele – PhilSteele.com: Texas vs. Texas A&M
- Bill Bender – Sporting News: Texas vs. LSU
- AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl Staff Guess: Texas vs. LSU
Click HERE for a handy reminder of our new Big 12/SEC ins
Tickets are on sale now, get your seats before prices go up on December 2nd! BUY NOW
Where we stand: After a somewhat slow start to the season, the Texas Longhorns secured bowl eligibility with a huge win in Stillwater over Oklahoma State. Elseware TCU narrowly avoided disaster with a late win over Kansas in Lawrence while Oklahoma overcame a quick start by the Red Raiders to top Texas Tech on the road. Popular Big 12 pick West Virginia enjoyed an off weekend before a Thursday night home tilt with #13 Kansas State.
Over in the SEC, Texas A&M and Missouri went back and forth on a rainy night in College Station before the Tigers held on late, leaving them in control of their own destiny in the SEC East championship race. After a number of close calls, Arkansas finally broke through against LSU, shutting out their neighbors to the South 17-0 and snapping the Razorbacks’ 17 game SEC losing streak. The Hogs now sit just one win away from becoming bowl eligible for the first time since 2011.
- #13 Kansas State @ West Virginia: 6:00 PM CST (Thursday, ESPN)
- #10 Ole Miss @ Arkansas: 2:30 PM CST, CBS
- Missouri @ Tennessee: 6:30 PM CST, ESPN
CLICK HERE to guess the winners in our weekly Bud Light Pick ‘Em contest and win a VIP AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl Experience!
College Gameday Sign of the Week: You serious Clark?
— Mike Dyce (@mikedyce) November 15, 2014
Best Use of Mind Over Matter: Coach Charlie Strong on why he didn’t let his players wear cold weather gear in frigid Stillwater:
Charlie Strong on his pregame message to players: "They told me it was cold. I told them it wasn't cold."
— Mike Finger (@mikefinger) November 16, 2014
MVP – Kicker Edition: Arizona kicker Casey Skowron scored a touchdown AND the game winning field goal in Saturday’s win: